Illustration by: Laura Endy
This treat will hit the spot and lead you into Spring with a smile on your face. Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, melted
Anywhere from 2 to 4 apples
1. To be ahead of the game dice your apples and then put them to the side.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Slowly add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter then beat as smooth as possible. There are still tiny clumps? Don’t worry about it.
3. You’re going to want to heat a slightly oiled (or buttered) pan over medium high heat. Once the pan is warm pour about a ½ cup of batter. (This can be tapered to how big you want your crepes to be). Tilt the pan to get them as circular as possible.
4. Cook the crepe until lightly brown on the bottom. This will take about 2 minutes. Then flip!
5. Add a dollop of butter to a separate pan over medium high heat and then add diced apples. Cook until brown and soft, stirring occasionally.
6. Once those are don't take your finished crepe and drizzle honey on one side, spreading it evenly. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon evenly across the crepe. Add as much of the diced apples you want and fold the crepe.
The calories in these range from 350-400. But who's counting right?!